Sunday, November 11, 2007

Turning a new page


This is a recent shot of the three of us during a visit to Great Falls National Park, just about an hour outside of DC. (There are many more new photos on the flickr page. Check the link to the right.)

My hand is the one turning the new page. As many of you know we returned from Madagascar in June, spent a few tumultuous months job-hunting and bouncing from relative to relative, before finally landing in Northern Virginia. As luck would have it KP hit paydirt first on the job front and started working in early September.

My break came about six-weeks later. I interviewed for a position with a federal agency in DC and two weeks later heard back with an offer. If we thought our lives had been crazy up to that point, as soon as I accepted our lives rocketed forward at an even faster pace.

I've been at work for about a month and it feels good to working again. I do miss the special connection between ORP and me, which has seemed to fallen back on KP and his new daycare provider (and her grand-daughter).

For better or worse, the trophy days of Madagascar are gone.

2 comments:

The Locke said...

I don't care how tired you are when you get home at night. You make yourself look pretty and make sure you are putting out as much as you were back in your trophy days ;-).

Luray va accommodations said...

Great Falls National Park is really the good place in northern virginia. In fact northern area contains lots of beautiful scenic places like shenandoah valley, wolf trap farm park and much more. It's perfect vacation destination.